Baby Shower Cupcakes
This was my first attempt at detailed decorating and also using the cardboard cupcake cases – and what a success they were! I made these for my first grandbaby’s baby shower, that had a colour theme of Pink and Blue. I was very pleased with how they turned out, and the compliments flowed.
The Pink Cases were vanilla cupcakes, the Blue vanilla & white choc chip.
This recipe is very versatile and even when iced can be frozen for later use.
1 1/2 cups SR Flour
2/3 cup caster sugar
125g Butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add butter, eggs, milk and essence.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and lighter in colour.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into cases.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 20 minutes.
I used butter icing:
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
175g butter, softened
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift Icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add softened butter
- Mix together using electric mixer, then add water and vanilla.
- Mix till well combined, and pale, soft and fluffy.
- Colour as desired.
- Place mixture inside piping bag with desired nozzle.
- Enjoy decorating the cupcakes with your desired pattern.*
* I played around till I was happy with the different textures, and then added the decorations as pictured.