Life teaches us so much.
There are mistakes to be made,
Lessons to be learnt,
And memories created that will be treasured for a long time.
Life happens no matter who you are, good things happen to both good and bad people, bad things happen to both good and bad people.
It is what we learn from it that will make us who we are, allow us to grow into the person we are yet to be and give us the opportunity to instill greatness into the lives of others. Life is a stage show, and there are always others watching our performance.
I recently re-read the article below and wanted to share it with you, there are some very simple yet valuable gems to take from this list. I invite you to take a few minutes to read it.
Value today, it has been made just for YOU and, like you, is SPECIAL.
Written By Regina Brett, at 90 years old, Cleveland, Ohio.
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I’ve ever written.”
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile
11. Make peace with your past, so it won’t screw up the present
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple
24. No one is in charge of your happiness, but you
25. Frame every so-call disaster with these words “In five years will this matter?”
26. Always choose life
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
31. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does
32. Believe in miracles
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do
34. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now
35. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young
36. Your children get only one childhood
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need
41. The best is yet to come
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
44. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift